Recruiting Now! HGV Class 1 Driver (Moffett Training)
Duties and responsibilities
- To drive vehicle safely, legally and efficiently as required.
- To comply with all drivers hours and Road Transport Directive legislation.
- To load and unload vehicle and maintain safety and security of load at all times.
- To carry out all necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not.
- To act as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- To complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required (including any electronic devices that might be used, scanners, handheld POD etc).
- To comply with all Health & Safety requirements in depot, on road and at customers’ premises and to take responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.
- Proven experience of driving Class 1 vehicle
- 4 or very occasionally 5 nights out per week.
- 35 hours CPC
- Experience of using tacho card
- Extensive knowledge of operational processes and practices in transport operations.
- Full training given or previous experience with Moffett type forklift for loading / unloading
- Availability to work well as part of a team or individually.
- Strong communication skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative in a pressurised environment
- Excellent UK geographical knowledge
- Valid UK passport holder
Expected start date: 16/08/2021
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £36k to 42.5k
Quarterly Bonus Scheme