Sussex Transport based on the South Coast can transport your goods across the UK on our fleet of HIAB’s, Moffetts, Flatbeds, Artics, Sprinters, Curtain Side, Rigid, 18t and 7.5t trucks. We also offer a pick and pack warehouse service should you have a requirement for it.
Last week we made a dedicated journey from London on one of our Flatbed trucks with a full load of 9t batteries for recycling back in Sussex. With our waste carriers license, we are able to transport scrap metal, batteries and other recycling and waste products when required.
Recycling is very much in the news these days – multi coloured wheelie bins adorn our streets and supermarkets often have huge recycling units for us to use for our discarded bottles, clothes, cans etc!
But recycling isn’t a new idea… we found this ‘post’ on Facebook the other day….
- Back then, we returned milk bottles, pop bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles repeatedly. So they really were recycled.
- We walked up stairs, because we didn’t have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn’t climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.
- Back then, we washed the baby’s nappies because we didn’t have the throw-away kind.
- We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy gobbling machine burning up 240 volts… wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days.
- Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing. Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house — not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief not a screen the size ofWales.
- In the kitchen, we blended & stirred by hand because we didn’t have electric machines to do everything for us.
- When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap.
- Back then, we didn’t fire up an engine and burn petrol just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power.
- We exercised by walking so we didn’t need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.
- We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water.
- We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.
- Back then, people took the bus, and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their mums into a 24-hour taxi service.
- We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances.
- And we didn’t need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 2,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest pizza joint.
- They don’t even know what a Milk float actually is today – it isn’t a drink!
For a traditionally good transport and haulage service, why not call us on 01903 751100 for a competitive quote, or try the modern method and email us at email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you!