Recruiting Now! Warehouse & Fulfilment Operative
Duties and responsibilities
General Warehouse Duties
- Receive, identify, mark and place materials sent to the warehouse according to established Goods In Procedures and despatch items in a similar manner.
- Process orders and prepare packages for shipping according to established procedures.
- Communicate with various departments, vendors and customers to provide and receive information, resolve questions and issues, and coordinate activities.
- Ensure stock and warehouse facility is maintained in a safe, clean and orderly condition.
- Assist with providing necessary security within the warehouse. Pick up and deliver items utilising forklift vehicles as required.
- Maintain a variety of records, files and reports; maintain records of stock and order supplies as necessary.
- Operate a variety of warehouse equipment and vehicles; utilize a variety of hand tools as required; arrange for the maintenance and repair of warehouse equipment as needed.
- Loading and unloading vehicles
- Completing paperwork manually and using computer systems
- Picking goods from a pick list
- Packing goods to customer specifications
- Printing DPD labels and other parcel distribution paperwork as required
- Updating bespoke databases
- Data entry of information as required
- Keeping manual and computer records regularly updated and accurate
- Liaising with customers, warehouse staff and other departments within the company
- Proactively work to reduce late deliveries and missed time slots
- Use company software and systems to ensure efficient operations
- Prioritise workload
- Able to work flexibly and make decisions quickly
- Keep a clean and tidy environment
- Counterbalance and Reach forklift licenses
- IT literate – ability to use outlook, excel, word and computer software
- Excellent verbal and written communication - a sense of urgency and able to prioritise
- Familiar with warehouse work
- Take a pride in your work
- Good timekeeping