Recruiting Now! Warehouse & Forklift Operative
To receive goods from suppliers, put away to bulk, replenish to pick, assemble, check and load orders as per the pick sheet to ensure that the customer requirements are satisfied. This position is responsible for the receiving and dispatch of goods via forklift and safely dealing with third party couriers and hauliers on site, as well as the organising of stock on site for various different customers.
- To accurately pick and assemble orders as per the pick sheet.
- Where required to check picked stock, record and report any errors to the Warehouse Manager.
- Where required to accurately replenish and stack stock, ensuring that it is placed in the correct section of the pick face, complying with any relevant date rotation requirements.
- To ensure that stock received is unloaded safely, stacked correctly and electronically/ manually recorded accurately. All discrepancies reported to the warehouse Supervisor or manager.
- Where required to carefully load goods and or pallets onto vehicles correctly, ensuring that they are stacked safely and are easily accessible for the driver.
- To be aware of and comply with all requirements of the Health & Safety policy and procedure including wearing safety clothing and footwear (PPE)
- To ensure that the warehouse and site is kept in a clean, tidy and safe condition at all times. This would include clean as you go i.e. do not walk past litter pick it up and dispose of as required (this could be a slip or trip hazard)
- To be aware of and comply with all fire safety procedures, including maintaining clear fire exits and escape routes.
- To be aware of and conform to all mechanical handling equipment (MHE) procedures at all times.
- To be aware of and comply at all times with relevant legislation involved in Health & Safety & Hygiene.
- To work with all team members to ensure that company goals are consistently achieved and maintained
- To co-operate fully with other department and depots
- To work as part of a team in achieving department objectives, in line with company standards.
- To maintain a professional and polite attitude at all times
- Undertake other duties that may from time to time prove necessary
- On the occasion where it is necessary to undertake a depot stock take, staff will be expected to be available.
- In addition to your main duties you will be required to carry out such duties consistent with your status and abilities as the Company may from time to time require.
- To ensure correct and accurate recording of any manual paperwork.
- This role also requires some computer administration skills such as data inputting, email, checking stock levels on the warehouse management system etc so computer literacy is desirable.
- Strong numeracy and literacy is required.
- Strong attention to detail is essential.
- The ability to deal with multiple different customers and Hauliers at the same time is essential.
- Experience of counterbalance forklift use is essential.
Job Type: Full-time