Recruiting Now! Facilities and H&S Coordinator
We are looking for someone enthusiastic, well organised with the ability to hit the ground running for this position in a highly successful transport and warehousing organisation based in Lancing.
- Maintaining compliance records, management systems and processes for recording and co-ordinating SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality) and our O-Licence.
- Facilities Management of large warehouse and yard
- Dealing with suppliers, booking maintenance and ensuring compliance at all time throughout the business
- Conducting site inspections
- Provide support and advice to teams to ensure that risks are identified and controlled and HSE legislation, O-Licence, industry best practice and guidance are complied with.
- Auditing files and paperwork to ensure compliance with various accreditations held by the company.
- Gathering information from various departments and systems within the company and reporting and recording accordingly.
- Lead and support with communications throughout the business including bulletins and toolbox talks.
- Analysing data, preparing documents.
- Manage and maintaining training requirements and records. Booking training and ensuring all training is valid.
- Supplier approvals including PQQ’s and Tender documentation.
- Ad hoc duties as workload dictates including scanning, filing and data entry and answering Operations Department overflow calls.
- Supporting the General Manager, Transport Operations Manager and Operations departments.
- Promoting best practice in Health and Safety, Road Haulage and Lifting Operations.
- Health and safety knowledge and experience
- Ability to understand an implement different accreditation standards to the business.
- Qualifications in H+S, Quality, Auditing and Business Administration would be an advantage.
- ISO Managing Safety is preferred.
- Previous experience in Road Haulage and Lifting Operations is desirable
- Understanding of and experience in management systems and accreditations such as ISO, FORS, SAFE Contractor, CHAS etc
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to engage with internal staff, customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written etc
- Excellent IT Skills – Full Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a range of online systems.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to support multiple projects and systems, ability to hit the ground running
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year