We are looking for someone enthusiastic, well organised with the ability to hit the ground running for this position in our transport and warehousing organisation based in Lancing.
The successful applicant will be assisting the Compliance Department to ensure Health and Safety, Quality and Environmental compliance whilst delivering Lifting Operations, Road Haulage and Warehousing.
You will demonstrate a keen eye for detail, be highly organised, efficient and work well under pressure. You will also possess very strong administration skills and be very ‘hands on’.
Computer Literacy in Word and Excel is essential as is previous administrative and facilities work at a senior level.
It would be beneficial if you have an interest or experience in the transport industry or have worked for a company who adhere to ”best practice” in Health and Safety and Facilities.
- Maintaining and administrating compliance records, management systems and processes for recording and co-ordinating SHEQ (Safety, Health, Environment and Quality), our O-Licence and our Facility.
- Complete Safecontractor submission annually
- Completing customer approvals including PQQ’s and Tender documentation.
- Be responsible for and deal with maintenance issues, site inspections, fire and security systems
- Coordinate and administrate the requirements of FORS Bronze, Silver and other accreditations held by the business
- Collating information from various departments and systems within the company and reporting and recording accordingly – accidents, incidents, near misses etc
- Support with communications throughout the business including bulletins and toolbox talks.
- Coordinate training requirements and records across the business. On boarding of new starters through HR + H+S Inductions. Managing PPE.
- Organising, booking and recording statutory maintenance and inspection programme such as LOLER, PUWER etc.
- Dealing with maintenance contractors
- Analysing data, preparing documents.
- Ad hoc duties as workload dictates including scanning, filing and data entry and answering Operations Department overflow calls.
- Promoting best practice in Health and Safety, Road Haulage and Lifting Operations.
- Ability to understand and implement different accreditation standards to the business.
- Qualifications in H+S, Quality, Auditing or Business Administration are desirable
- Understanding of management systems and accreditations such as ISO, FORS, SAFE Contractor, CHAS etc
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to engage with internal staff, customers and suppliers
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written etc
- Excellent IT Skills – Full Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and a range of online systems.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to support multiple projects and systems, ability to hit the ground running
- Previous experience of facilities coordination would be beneficial
To apply please e-mail your C.V. to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time or Part-Time
Salary: £21,000.00 to £24,000.00 /year depending on experience