Sussex Transport makes deliveries up and down the UK on our fleet of HIAB and Flatbeds, Moffetts and Curtain Sides, Artics and Sprinters, 7.5t and 18t lorries
Last week we made a dedicated delivery of bedding plants to a garden centre in Hampshire.
With the return of some sunshine (finally) together with Chelsea Flower Show it seems gardening season is finally back with us.
For those of you who like fascinating facts – here are some real garden gems…
- Dragonflies can fly up to 20 miles per hour!
- The average caterpillar has 4,000 muscles, and 248 in its head alone
- Tulip bulbs were more valuable than gold in Holland in the 1600’s
- The largest flower in the world is the titan arums, which produce flowers 10 feet high and 3 feet wide. The flowers smell of
decaying flesh and are also known as corpse flowers…nice.
- the world’s longest cucumber was grown in Essex, UK in 1986 and measured a whopping 1.1m (3ft 8in)
- The giant Weta insect has now been declared the largest ever found. The cricket-like creature has a wing span of seven inches and weighs the equivalent of 3 mice! The creepy crawly was only found on Little Barrier Island, in New Zealand.
- Joe Atherton of Nottinghamshire is the Guinness World Record holder of the longest carrot ever recorded: 19 feet and 1.875 inches (5.84 m)
Next time you need a haulier to move anything from plants to heavy plant machinery, why not try Sussex Transport ? We’d be happy to offer you a quote or discuss your requirements.
Call us today on 01903 751100 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.