Today was supposed to be the day the UK left the EU.
Everyone has had to prepare for this, and the below summarises what Haulage companies should have done in order to remain compliant. The Government have not quite got this over the line yet but it changes nothing. As a Haulier, we need to be prepared and ready for whatever the outcome may be.
The UK Government are continually updating the below page and as such, it is important to keep an eye and ensure you are ready to react.
Current document sections include:
- Requirements for UK goods vehicle drivers driving abroad
- Haulage journeys to, in or through the EU and EEA
- Trailer registration
- Driver CPC for lorry drivers
- Driving licences and international driving permits
- Driving licence exchange for UK nationals living in the EU
- Number plates and national identifiers
- Vehicle registration documents
- Vehicle insurance and road traffic accidents
- Driving to the Port of Dover or Eurotunnel
Our owners (we are still a family owned and run company) like to remain agile and nimble as a firm, being able to make swift decisions and changes ensures we are remain at the top of the game.
We, like all of you, continue to wait this one out.
For all your haulage needs please contact our expert team on 0800 915 23 23 or by completing one of our contact forms.