With a diverse fleet of vehicles; from small Sprinter vans right through to Artics and Flatbeds, Sussex Transport make regular collections and deliveries of pallet racking for warehouses up and down the UK.
Last week we collected warehouse pallet racking from Birmingham and delivered to Gatwick . Our load consisted of a mixture of 6m and 8m upright frames together with over 400 2.7m beams on one of our Artic Curtainside vehicles. We regularly collect and deliver racking, both new and used, on behalf of racking companies, eBay sellers and auctioneers when disposing of unwanted assets.
Based in Crawley, Gatwick Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world – yet only has one runway!
For those that like the facts –
• Gatwick Airport opened in 1958 with just over 186,000 passengers passing through in their first year of operation.
• Today they now serve over 32 million passengers every year.
• Gatwick directly employs 23,000 staff of which 2,200 are London Gatwick Airport employees
• It is estimated that an additional 5,000 people are employed off-site in roles directly related to the airport’s operation
• Around 90 airlines use Gatwick serving 13 domestic and 200 overseas destinations.
• Across the two terminals there are 317 check-in desks
• Their busiest day was 22 August 2008 when there were 895 aircraft movements.
• Gatwick is the first UK airport to be listed as a ‘trusted news source’ with Twitter’s ‘blue tick’ of authority through its use of updates on the micro-messaging site.
• Did you know that Gatwick used to be a racecourse? It opened in 1891, and continued as such until 1940, even running the Grand National from 1916 to 1918
The top ten holiday destinations for passengers flying from Gatwick last year were:
1. Malaga (Spain)
2. Palma De Mallorca (Spain)
3. Faro (Portugal)
4. Dalaman (Turkey)
5. Dublin (Ireland)
6. Alicante (Spain)
7. Madrid (Spain)
8. Orlando (USA)
9. Ibiza (Spain)
10. Jersey (CI)
For a refreshingly different transport or storage solution, why not ask Sussex Transport for a quote on your next requirement? Call us on 01903 751100 or email email@example.com Maybe its time to try someone new for your delivery?